It has been WAY too long since I’ve posted a tutorial for my Disney Princess Inspired Quiet Book. Today I’m going to show two pages at once since they aren’t too complicated. So here are the patterns and instructions for the Snow White pages of the book.
Don’t forget to check out my completed Disney Princess Inspired Quiet Book!
NOTE: When I created the quiet book, I completed all the pages and then sewed them together. That means that each of the pages has about 1/2 inch on three sides that will “disappear” when sewn to the next page. The fourth side will be used for binding the book together. You can see the finished book here. The instructions for the binding will be in a future post.
THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR SALE. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ITEMS FOR SALE OR PROFIT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THESE QUIET BOOK PAGES, PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT BY LINKING TO MY PAGE.
– felt (light gray, dark gray, gold, brown, sparkly white, red)
– beads (15 in total for the counting part; small ones for the trolley)
– fabric paint (brown, silver)
– buttons (2 for the wheels on the trolley)
– non-breakable mirror (I got mine from a baby toy that I found at Value Village; any shape will work)
– Counting Page Pattern
1. I’ll first show the mirror page. Trim the background light gray felt so it is 10 inches by 8 1/2 inches (this will be the standard size for all the pages in this quiet book).
2. To make the mirror frame, I traced the mirror onto a piece of paper. Then I drew a line on the inside of the circle so that it would overlap with the mirror when cut out of felt. I made the frame about 1/2 inch thick. Draw a crown on paper for your pattern as well. Cut out the pieces from the felt.
3. Glue the mirror onto the felt, slightly to the left so that it will be in the centre of the finished page.
4. Glue the gold frame over top of the mirror. I placed glue so that it would stick to the background as well as the mirror.
5. Glue on the red crown at the top of the mirror.
6. Finally, paint on the pattern with the brown fabric paint. If you look closely you’ll notice that I did more loops on one side than the other, but I don’t think my daughter has noticed. And the page is done!
7. Sadly, I have lost the pictures for the steps for the counting page due to keyboard smashing by my daughter. 😦 (Check out this post to read the details). However, I will still write down the steps and the pattern is given above.
Trim the background light gray felt so it is 10 inches by 8 1/2 inches (this will be the standard size for all the pages in this quiet book).
8. Cut the “Cave” out of dark gray and position on the right side of the background felt. Don’t sew it down yet.
9. Cut five ribbon pieces and pin in place, under the dark gray cave. Move the cave piece out of the way and sew the ribbon on one side. String the beads on the ribbons as shown in the finished page.
10. Pull the ribbon tight, pin in place, and sew the opposite end. If you find that the ribbons are droopy, simply pull it a little tighter and resew. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
11. Reposition the cave piece and sew in place. Using the sliver fabric paint, write the numbers as shown.
12. Cut the “Pile of Jewels” from sparkly white and sew in place on the bottom right-hand corner.
13. Cut out the “Trolley” and sew in place as shown. Using brown fabric paint, paint on the details of the trolley.
14. Sew on small beads, “filling” the trolley with jewels.
15. Sew on the buttons to make the wheels of the trolley. And you are done!
I hope you have fun making these pages. I’d love to hear how yours turned out!
Binding instructions will be in a future post!