I wanted to share a great recipe that I found through Pinterest. The original recipe is from The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis. This is the second time I’ve made the spinach cups. The first time my daughter didn’t like them at first, but then we gave them to her a few weeks later and she devoured them! Looks like this batch is going to be eaten pretty quickly too. 🙂 I haven’t tried the other recipes, but they look pretty tasty too.
– Spinach (I used a 10 oz bag)
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 2 eggs
– sprinkle of pepper
– sprinkle of garlic powder (the original recipe called for minced garlic, but I didn’t have any fresh garlic)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Chop up the spinach. I had great success with a Tupperware Quick Chef Pro System. I chopped the spinach into rough chunks.
Ok, I’m showing off more Tupperware here! Bowl, measuring cups…I had a Tupperware Bridal Shower before we got married…let’s just say, I got spoiled! 🙂
I just recently cleaned my oven, but it certainly doesn’t look like it from this picture!
Here is E waiting for her spinach cups! (Don’t mind the messy oven door…that was a pretzel making mishap!)
7. Once they are cooked, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Remove them from the muffin tin and place them on a cookie sheet so that they aren’t touching. Stick them in the freezer. Once they are frozen they can be put into a freezer bag without sticking to each other.
Enjoy! Thanks again to Melissa Fallis for this great recipe!