This was one of the first pages that I completed for my Disney Princess Inspired Quiet Book. I figured I’d start with something relatively simple to build up my confidence. Haha!
NOTE: When I created the quiet book, I completed all the pages and then sewed them together. That means that each of the pages has about 1/2 inch on three sides that will “disappear” when sewn to the next page. The fourth side will be used for binding the book together. You can see the finished book here. The instructions for the binding will be in a future post.
THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR SALE. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ITEMS FOR SALE OR PROFIT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THESE QUIET BOOK PAGES, PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT BY LINKING TO MY PAGE.
– felt (navy blue, light gray, dark gray, white)
– fabric paint
1. Trim the background navy blue felt so it is 10 inches by 8 1/2 inches (this will be the standard size for all the pages in this quiet book).
2. Cut out the clock face. Using fabric paint, write the numbers 1 through 12 as seen on a clock face. (Note: you can also do this step later if you want to attach the clock center by sewing instead of gluing.)
3. Sewing the clock bottom to the background page: Sew a line 3/8 of an inch on the bottom side of the shape and close to the edge for the other three sides as seen in the picture. The piece should be closer to one side of the page as the other side will be used for the binding of the book.
6. Prep the clock hands. Each clock hand requires a button hole. Check your sewing machine’s instruction manual for how to sew a button hole. Since I’m not a pro at making button holes, I decided to make the hole first and then cut out the hands. You can see from the picture that it took me a few tries to get it right! Haha!