When I told my husband that I wanted to make a Princess Quiet book for my daughter, he made the suggestion for this Enchanted Rose page.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial. Don’t forget to take a look at the complete Disney Princess Inspired Quiet Book!
NOTE: When I created the quiet book, I completed all the pages and then sewed them together. That means that each of the pages has about 1/2 inch on three sides that will “disappear” when sewn to the next page. The fourth side will be used for binding the book together. You can see the finished book here. The instructions for the binding will be in a future post.
THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR SALE. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ITEMS FOR SALE OR PROFIT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THESE QUIET BOOK PAGES, PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT BY LINKING TO MY PAGE.
- Felt (dark blue, dark brown, light brown, green, red)
- Velcro (or a similar product)
- Fabric Paint – green
- Fabric Glue
- Clear vinyl
- Rose Page Pattern
1. Trim the background dark blue felt so it is 10 inches by 8 1/2 inches (this will be the standard size for all the pages in this quiet book).
2. Make the flower petals. The pattern says to cut 8 petals out of red felt…that’s an error. Cut 4 petals out of the red felt and 4 petals out of the loop part of the Velcro. Cut the ribbon into 5ish inch lengths. Place the ribbon in between the felt and Velcro. I glued in place and then glued on the Velcro, but it didn’t hold so I then stitched down the middle of each petal to hold everything in place. I used white thread because I didn’t have red thread.
3. Cut out the stem and paint the details on using the fabric paint. Let it dry completely. I just glued the stem to the page, but if you wanted to sew it on then paint the detail after it has been sewn in place.
4. Cut out the dome from the clear vinyl. I found the vinyl at the Dollarama…it was the packaging for some item. I figured it was a cheap way of getting vinyl. Haha! Determine where you want it on the page and pin in place. The pins will make holes in the vinyl so pin parallel to the edge right where you will be sewing. Sew in place.
The bottom and two sides of the page will be part of the seam allowance for completing the book so it will not show. (Take a look at the finished page at the top of this post again). I will be sharing the instructions for completing the book in a future post. If you don’t want to complete the book as I did then simply trim that seam allowance part off. I hope that makes sense!
I’d love to hear how your Enchanted Rose page turns out! Happy Crafting!