Now that the tutorials for the pages in the Disney Princess Inspired Quiet Book have been posted, it is time for the finishing touches – sewing the pages together and creating the cover.
First, sewing the pages together. When I created the quiet book, I completed all the pages and then sewed them together. That means that each of the pages had about 1/2 inch on three sides that “disappeared” when sewn to the next page. The fourth side is used for binding the book together.
I only have a few pictures of putting the pages together, so hopefully my instructions will be clear enough. If not, comment below and I’ll try to clear things up! 🙂
1. For the first (and last – which is what I’m showing in the pictures) page in the book, take a plain piece of felt, cut to 10 x 8 1/2 inches. Place it over the “right” side of the quiet book page (the side with all the details). Pin on the three outer edges.
Sew around the three edges, using a 1/2 in seam allowance. Trim the sewn corners and turn inside out.
4. Create small button holes 2 inches from the top and bottom.
And now for the cover…
– five pieces of felt (I used two pieces of sparkly felt and three pieces of plain pink felt)
1. Cut both pieces of sparkly felt so that they are 10 1/2 x 9 inches. Cut one of the plain pink felt pieces to 4 1/2 x 9 inches. Pin and sew this to the sparkly felt as shown in the picture. Cut another piece of plain pink felt to 4 1/2 x 9 inches and sew to the other two full pieces of pink felt.
3. Place the inside of the cover so the “right” side is facing you. Pin the strap in place. You can see it sticking out in the picture. Place the outside of the cover on top so the “wrong” side is facing you. The “right” sides will be together.
4. Fold the open edges under 1/2 in and top stitch around the entire cover about 1/4 in from the edge.
Enjoy your completed book!
THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR SALE. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ITEMS FOR SALE OR PROFIT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THESE QUIET BOOK PAGES, PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT BY LINKING TO MY PAGE.