NOTE: When I created the quiet book, I completed all the pages and then sewed them together. That means that each of the pages has about 1/2 inch on three sides that will “disappear” when sewn to the next page. The fourth side will be used for binding the book together. You can see the finished book here. The instructions for the binding will be in a future post.
THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR SALE. YOU MAY NOT MAKE ITEMS FOR SALE OR PROFIT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THESE PAGES, PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT BY LINKING TO MY PAGE.
– felt (light purple, dark purple, dark brown, black, dark gray, gold, sparkly white)
– fabric paint or glitter glue (optional)
1. Trim the background light purple felt so it is 10 inches by 8 1/2 inches (this will be the standard size for all the pages in this quiet book).
4. Cut out the pieces for the crown. There should be two gold pieces, two small jewels, and one large jewel. Glue the pieces together as shown, repeating the steps above to add the cardboard and ribbon. I just added cardboard to the gold section as the sparkly white jewels were cut from a stiffened piece of felt.
Optional: add some extra bling using a glitter glue or fabric paint.
5. Cut out the satchel pieces. Pin the large satchel piece to the page. It should be closer to one side than the other as one side will be used for binding the book. In the picture the pins on the bottom are marking where it will fold. Pin the satchel contents in place as shown in the picture.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I’d love to hear how your page turned out!
The binding instructions will be coming in a future post!